This was the opening shot and where they added the title of the movie. I had to stabilize the plate since it was shaking too much. I had to rebuild many frames that had pretty bad motion blur, using projections and different techniques. I also had to remove crew equipment, people, cars and a police car. I added the CG powerlines but first I had to remove all of the real ones which was a lot of work.
This shot also required to be stabilized. This was the shot that was moving the most. I had to stabilize the really long shot and had to rebuild many frames that had pretty bad motion blur. I also had to do lots of cleanup to get rid of crew and their equipment and also removed some people that were not part of the production. I added lots of flying CG papers in the beginning of the shot. I also added the CG manhole that pops and added the cloud of CG steam. By the end of the shot I had to add some CG powerlines and add electrical effects. I was previously requested to remove the firetruck and police cars. It was a lof of work to remove all the siren lights from the streets and the house. In the end the client decided that they wanted to keep both vehicles.
One more shot that required stabilization and cleanup. Rebuilt frames with lots of motion blur due to camera shake. I added the power lines at the beginning of the shot. At the end of the shot I had to add the tree that is next to the Bowens house. Lots of crew and equipment removal. I also did sky replacement so we could see some clouds.
This shot required to blend together two separate plates with some CG in between. The shot starts with the front of the Bowens house and the camera starts moving when we switch to a CG roof, then we get to the roof window of one of the rooms. I did the whole comp blending the plates together and replace the roof of the house with a CG one and added the tree branch. I had to do lots of cleanup in the windows since there were lights and equipment being reflected on it.